› Web App
› To Set up Email in Microsoft Outlook for Windows
› To Set up Email in Mac Mail
› To Set up Email in Outlook for Mac
› To Set up your Email on your iPhone or iPad
› To Set up your Email on your Android Device
Windows - for a Windows computer you can either use the Outlook Web App or you will need Microsoft Outlook 2010 or higher installed on your computer. If you do not have Microsoft Outlook we can provide a license for a small additional monthly charge.
Apple Mac - the Hosted Exchange system is compatible with Mac Mail and Outlook for Mac.
To access the web app, type post.yourdomainname in the address bar of your web browser. You will then see the login screen
Enter your email address and password and click on Sign in.
From this interface you can access you inbox, calendar, contacts, tasks and notes. You can also setup out of office replies from when you are on holiday or away from the office.
If you have email that you would like imported in the Hosted Exchange system, please let me know so I can arrange to take a copy of your old email before we setup your new email account. The following is the setup for Outlook 2013, however the basic process is the same for Outlook 2007 and 2010.
1. Close Microsoft Outlook
2. Go into Control Panel, and select Mail
3. Click on Email Accounts
4. Click New
5. The select should be on Email Account, click Next
6. Fill "Your Name", this is what is displayed when you send an email. Fill in your email address and the password we have sent you.
7. Click Next
8. Outlook should automatically detect the settings to configure the account
9. If you are asked for the server, the information you need to enter is: cas.messageexchange.com or cas.cloudplatform1.com. The server you need to use will depend on which server you have been setup on.
10. If you are asked to accept an SSL certificate click yes or accept
11. Outlook should then tell you that the email account is setup and ready
12. Close the Mail window and the Control Panel window, open Outlook and it should start downloading any email, contacts, calendar appointments, tasks and notes you have stored on the server.
1. Open Mac Mail
2. Add Account, Select Exchange
3. Click Continue
4. Fill in your information
5. Click Continue
6. Mail should search for the settings
7. You may receive a message advised that the system cannot verify the identity of the server, click Continue
8. Mail will continue checking for settings
9. Once complete you should receive an Account Summary page
10. Click Continue
11. You can then select the apps you want to synchronise with the Exchange system. To get the most from the Hosted Exchange system I recommend selecting all the apps and click Done
12. Mail should start downloading all of your email.
1. Open Outlook for Mac
2. Go to Preferences and Accounts
3. Click on Exchange Account
4. Enter your email account details and password
5. Make sure "Configure Automatically" is ticked
6. Click Add Account
7. Outlook should say "Detecting Exchange Server" 8. If you are asked for the server, the information you need to enter is: cas.messageexchange.com or cas.cloudplatform1.com. The server you need to use will depend on which server you have been setup on.
9. Outlook will ask you if you want to allow the server to configure the settings in Outlook. Tick the box and click Allow
10. Your account should now be added
11. You can then close the Accounts window
12. Outlook will then start to download your email, synchronise your calendar, contacts, tasks and notes.
iPhones and iPads follow the same setup procedure. Depending on which version of IOS your device is using the screen may look slightly different from the pictures below.
1. Go into Settings
2. Then Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Click Add Account
4. Select Exchange
5. Enter your email address, password and a description for the account
6. Click Next
7. The device will say “Verifying”, then all the boxes will be ticked.
8. You should then see this screen
9. Click Save
10. The device will add the account and return you to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen
11. Click on the new account you have just setup
12. Under the “Mail Days to Sync” option, it is set automatically to 1 Week, I would suggest changing this to longer as otherwise the device will only synchronise 1 week of your email
13. Go back to Mail, Contacts, Calendars (top left of the window)
14. If this new account is the main account you want to use on your device for sending email, storing contacts and calendar appointments, then scroll down the Mail, Contacts and Calendars page to the section called Mail
15. Change the Default Account to the new email account you have just setup
16. Do the same with Contacts and Calendars
17. Press the Home button (the round button on the device at the bottom)
18. Go into the Mail application
19. The new account should be listed under “Mailboxes” and the device should start downloading your email, contacts, calendar, etc. that you have stored on the server.
Android devices vary in the setup procedure needed to configure the hosted exchange email account. However the basic details you will need are:
› Your email address/user name
› Your password
› The server name
These details are provided when your account is setup.
The following show the setup procedure on a Nexus 7 device using Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat)
1. Go into Settings
2. Scroll down to Accounts and click Add Account
3. Select Corporate
4. Enter your email address and password
5. Click Next
6. Select Exchange
7. Click Cancel on the window that says "Retrieving account information.."
8. Change the server listing to either cas.cloudplatform1.com or cas.messageexchange.com depending on which server you are on. This information would have been provided when your account was setup
9. Change the Security type to SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
10. Click Next
11. The device will verify settings
12. You may be asked about Remote Security Administration, click on OK
13. Select which options you would like for your account
14. Click Next
15. Give your account a memorable name
16. Click Next
17. You should now be taken back to the Settings window
18. Click the Home button at the bottom of the screen
19. Go into the Email Application
20. Select the email account and your email should start to download
If you need help setting up Hosted Exchange on your particular device please get in touch.